There are many factors that contribute to products reaching End-Of-Life. Contributing factors include
- technology within the product no longer being supported
- multiple newer versions of the product being available that replace the older product
- changing market demands, or simply that the product, after a period of time is no longer used by the majority of the customer base and so does not warrant continuation of support
Untangle understands that product lifetime has a significant impact on our customer planning and decision making. This End-Of-Life Policy will be followed to provide timelines so that our customers will be able to plan their technology upgrades as needed. Untangle will strive to provide as much notice as possible, and publish End-Of-Life milestones.
Untangle will continue to provide support and software maintenance for End-Of-Sale products, including bug fixes and software updates for a further period from the date when the product is no longer sold. The timelines for End-Of-Maintenance and End-Of-Support will be listed in each End-Of-Sale notice.
Definitions for purposes of this policy and for End-Of-Life notices
End-of-Life (EOL) is defined as the process that guides final business operations associated with the Untangle product, service or subscription. The EOL process is a list of milestones that, once completed, make a product, service, or subscription obsolete. Once a product, service or subscription becomes obsolete, it is no longer sold, maintained, improved upon for any reason, or supported.
End-Of-Sale (EOS) is defined as the date after which an Untangle product, service or subscription is no longer available for sale. This is the last possible date to order the product, service or subscription through Untangle’s eCommerce website, or other channels. The EOS date is given in the EOL notice.
End-of-Sale Notification Date is defined as the date when the EOS and the EOL milestones for a product, service or subscription is communicated publicly.
Last Date of Support (LDOS) is defined as the last date that Untangle support is available for an Untangle Product, Service or Subscription. After this date, support will no longer be available.
- End-Of-Life milestones will be posted on https://www.untangle.com/eos-eol-notices.html .
- No subscriptions will be sold with a term that goes beyond the Last Day of Support
- Subscriptions that have auto renew turned on will not be able to renew after the Last Day to Renew date posted in the EOL milestones.
- Product migration options will be given in the EOL notice for all products that have been replaced with newer technology offered by Untangle.
- Table 1 (below) describes typical end-of-life milestones that will be posted in each End-Of-Life Notice, with example dates. Timelines will vary per product.
|End-Of-Sale Announcement Date||The date where Untangle publicly announces End-Of-Sale for a product, product component, service or subscription.||January 1, 2021|
|End-Of-Sale Date||The last date to order a product, or service subscription through Untangle’s online store, or any other ordering channels. The product is no longer for sale after this date.||September 1, 2021|
|Last Day to Renew||The last possible date to renew a product, or service subscription. After this date, renewals will not be possible.||October 1, 2021|
|End-Of-Software Maintenance Date||The last date that Untangle engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After this date, Untangle engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain or test the product.||January 1, 2022, or until the expiration of a purchased subscription.|
|Last day of technical support||The last day that Untangle Technical Support will be able to provide technical assistance for the product, service or subscription||September 1, 2024, or until the expiration of a purchased subscription.|