The Untangle software is free to download and it works on multiple platforms. But how do I know which download I need?
We're glad you asked.
Your choice of download format depends on what kind of hardware platform you're installing the NGFW software on:
- If it's a hardware appliance — whether purchased from us or your own hardware — choose the ISO option.
- If you intend to install in VMWare you have two options:
- download the OVA formatted file. This is pre-configured with an 80 GB drive. This is not the recommended option for production environments; it's good for testing and trialing the software, but shouldn't be considered a permanent install.
- download the ISO formatted file. This gives you full control of hardware parameters in the VM.
- If you intend to install in a virtual environment other than VMWare, download the ISO file.