You can configure static DNS entries for fully qualified hostnames. For example, a request to resolve the name www.example.local can resolve to a specific IP address without forwarding the request to an Internet DNS server. This is useful in scenarios where you need a hostname to resolve to an IP address that is different from the one provided by Internet DNS servers.
Note: Devices on your network must use your Micro Edge as their primary DNS server to apply custom DNS host entries.
Configuring static DNS entries
To configure static DNS entries:
- Go to Settings > Network > DNS.
- In the Static Entries pane, click Add.
- Enter the Name you wish to resolve.
- Enter an optional Description of the entry.
- Enter the Address to resolve for the name.
- Click Save.