Is NG Firewall not passing traffic?
If you're experiencing issues with your NG Firewall and it is not passing any traffic, run these tests to see where we can narrow down the issue:
On the NG Firewall
Under Config > Network > Troubleshooting:
- Use the Connectivity test. Does it succeed?
- Does a ping test to the NG Firewall's gateway succeed?
- Does a ping test to 18.104.22.168 succeed?
- Does a ping test to google.com succeed?
- Does a connection test to google.com port 80 succeed?
On a client behind NG Firewall
- Can the PC ping NG Firewall's internal IP? (doesn't apply for bridge mode)
- Can the PC ping NG Firewall's external IP?
- Can the PC ping NG Firewall's gateway?
- Can the PC ping 22.214.171.124?
- Can the PC perform DNS lookups? (Open a command window and run 'nslookup google.com' or 'host google.com')
- Can the PC ping google.com?
- Can the PC open a browser to google.com?
- Can the PC open a browser to NG Firewall's internal administration interface?
On a machine outside the network (if available)
- Can the machine ping NG Firewall's gateway IP?
- Can the machine ping NG Firewall's external IP?
- Can the machine open a browser to the HTTPS administration on NG Firewall(if enabled)?
You can use these tests to narrow issue down to an issue that is either caused on the internal side of NG Firewall or the external. Once you have determined which side of the NG Firewall that issue is coming from, take a step-by-step approach and test each networking device for functionality in that direction (i.e. upstream or downstream). If you're having issues finding the issue, feel free to contact support and we'll do what we can to help. Please make sure you have the answers to these questions, as these will be the first things we'll want to know.Follow
Have more questions? Submit a request
Please sign in to leave a comment.