In the event IC Control fails, and you cannot connect through the Ethernet ports, you can use the serial port to perform basic configuration and troubleshooting. The serial port cable is located in the small parts box in the original IC Control shipping box.. See Start-Up Kit Packaging Contents.
Note: We recommend you perform basic serial port configuration and troubleshooting with a certified Untangle Customer Service Technician. Call (801) 938-1500 #2 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM Eastern Time.
To better serve your needs, we need your serial number from the IC Control or Network Conductor at the time you contact customer support.
To connect to IC Control via serial port:
- Launch Putty.
PuTTY is a free open source terminal emulator application, which acts as a client for the SSH, Telnet, rlogin, or raw TCP computing protocols. Putty is also a serial console client.
- Enter a Serial Line com port to connect to Network Composer.
- Select Serial.
- From the Category section, select Serial.
- Enter the Com port used to connect Network Composer to your personal computer.
- Enter 38400 in the Speed (baud) rate.
- Select None from the Parity drop-down list.
- Select None from the Flow control drop-down list.
- Click Open.
- Enter Menu as the username.
- Enter cymphonix as the password.
- The serial menu appears.
Caution: Wait for further instructions from Customer Support.