Connect to NGFW L2TP VPN in Windows 7
There is no PPTP VPN Server on the NGFW, but it does offer a similar option via the IPSec Application called L2TP. This allows you to use the same VPN client built into Windows that you would with PPTP.
For information on configuring L2TP on the NG Firewall click HERE
Configuring L2TP on Windows Computer
The last step is configuring the VPN Client itself. For most versions of Windows you can use these instructions:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. In newer versions of Windows, Network Connections is usually found under Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
- If you have no VPN Connection on the PC, click "Connect to a Network". Otherwise right-click the VPN Connection and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Change Type of VPN to "Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPSec (L2TP/IPSec)".
- Click the Advanced Settings button.
- Select Use preshared key for authentication and type in the secret you put in on step 3 above.
- Click OK twice.
- Type your username and password and click Connect.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Article is closed for comments.
These instructions no longer work for Windows 10 + Untangle 12.1
Thanks Joe. I'll rename this to be Windows 7 and work on creating one for Windows 10.