To install a trusted root certificate manually in Microsoft windows you will want to download the certificate from the Untangle NGFW.
This can be downloaded in Config > Administration > Certificates section of the NGFW.
Once you have this downloaded to the desktop, or any other desired location, you will want to double click on the .crt file and Windows will open the certificate.
- In the certificate window click on Install Certificate
- This will bring up the Certificate wizard.
- After clicking Next it will ask where to install this certificate. Select "Place all certificates in the following store" as shown below and click the Browse button.
- This will bring up the Certificate stores. Here you will select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" as the store for it to be installed in.
- Once selected click OK. This will then bring you back to the previous window, but will have the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" filled in.
- After clicking Next it will give you a summary. You can then click Finish.
The certificate is now installed in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" folder and will be trusted in Internet Explorer and Chrome.