To install a trusted root certificate manually in Microsoft Windows, you will want to download the certificate from the Untangle NGFW.
This can be downloaded in Config > Administration > Certificates section of the NGFW by clicking the Download Root Certificate button. You can also generate that certificate at http://<<InternalIPOfUntangle>>/cert
You will then be asked if you want to open the file. Select Open
Once you have this downloaded, double-click on the .crt file and Windows will open the certificate.
- In the certificate window click on Install Certificate…
- This will bring up the Certificate Import Wizard. Select Local Machine, then click Next
- Allow the program to make changes to your machine.
- Select "Place all certificates in the following store", then click Browse… Select the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store, click OK, then click Next.
- You should then receive this notice: