Untangle support is available to customers who have purchased a Live Support subscription (included in our NG Firewall Complete package). If you do not have a Live Support subscription we recommend visiting our various online self-help pages:
- Forums - Untangle’s user forums are robust and very active. They’re a great resource. You can find the forums at http://forums.untangle.com/.
- Wiki - Untangle’s Wiki site is another great resource, full of information - including links to all of our products’ store pages, user forums, and FAQs. Our Wiki site is located at http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Main_Page.
- Support Page - Customers can also access the Untangle support portal at http://support.untangle.com, where they will be able to view our knowledgebase articles and solutions.
Support tickets can be generated a number of ways. Users can submit a ticket by doing any of the following:
- Using the “Support” link on the top right-hand side of the page at Untangle.com
- Use the "Help" widget in the bottom right corner of the page at Untangle.com
- Visiting http://support.untangle.com
- Emailing the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling (866) 233-2296 and pressing option “2” for Support
- Support widget in the top right corner of the Untangle Admin interface
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 5am-5pm Pacific Time
- We are also closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving & Black Friday
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
We're only able to respond to support requests during our normal hours of operation. Responses are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Our median first-response time for support tickets not generated via phone call is 2 business hours. Our average hold time is 60 seconds.
NOTE: We cannot control phone call volume so we cannot guarantee hold times. There may be times that you may be holding for longer than a minute.
Normal - How To questions and minor issues
High - An app or service is not functioning
Urgent - Appliance or software is completely non-functional
Untangle Support covers:
- NGFW software for the current and previous minor version release. Minimum supported version is 16.0 as of January 2021.
- SD-WAN Router software for the current and previous minor version release. Minimum supported version is 1.3 as of January 2021.
- Your Untangle's hardware, if it was purchased or leased from us.
We do not support or offer recommendations for 3rd-party hardware. Below is a link to an article in our wiki outlining the Hardware requirements to run Untangle. This can be used as a reference when sourcing your own hardware.
What do the case statuses mean?
New - The case has been created but an agent has not replied yet
Open - The case is currently being worked
Pending - We are waiting for a reply from the customer
On Hold - We are waiting for a time to troubleshoot or verify if an ongoing issue is resolved
Solved - Issue has been resolved
Why did my case close automatically?
After 5 business days of a case being in a ‘Pending’ status, the ticketing system will automatically close the case in question if there have been no replies/updates to the case.