Untangle support is available to customers who have purchased a Live Support subscription (included in our NG Firewall Complete package). If you do not have a Live Support subscription we recommend visiting our various online self-help pages:
- Forums - Untangle’s user forums are robust and very active. They’re a great resource. You can find the forums at http://forums.untangle.com/.
- Wiki - Untangle’s Wiki site is another great resource, full of information - including links to all of our products’ store pages, user forums, and FAQs. Our Wiki site is located at http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Main_Page.
- Support Page - Customers can also access the Untangle support portal at http://support.untangle.com, where they will be able to create a trouble ticket for the Support team as well as searching knowledge-base articles and solutions.
Support tickets can be generated a number of ways. Users can submit a ticket by doing any of the following:
- Using the “Support” link on the top right-hand side of the page at Untangle.com
- Use the "Help" widget in the bottom right corner of the page at Untangle.com
- Visiting http://support.untangle.com
- Emailing the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling (866) 233-2296 and pressing option “2” for Support
- Support widget in the top right corner of the Untangle Admin interface
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 5am-5pm Pacific Time
- We are also closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving & Black Friday
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
We're only able to respond to support requests during our normal hours of operation. Responses are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Our median first-response time for support tickets not generated via phone call is 2 business hours. Our average hold-time is 60 seconds.
NOTE: We cannot control phone call volume so we cannot guarantee hold times. There may be times that you may be holding for longer than a minute.
Normal - How To questions and minor issues
High - An app or service is not functioning
Urgent - Appliance or software is completely non-functional
Untangle Support covers both our NGFW and IC Control lines of products, from software to hardware. Support is only available for the current and previous minor version release. We do not support or offer recommendations for 3rd-party hardware. Below is a link to an article in our wiki outlining the Hardware requirements to run Untangle. This can be used as a reference when sourcing your own hardware.
What do the case statuses mean?
New - The case has been created but an agent has not replied yet
Open - The case is currently being worked
Pending - We are waiting for a reply from the customer
On Hold - We are waiting for a time to troubleshoot or verify if an ongoing issue is resolved
Solved - Issue has been resolved
Why did my case close automatically?
After 5 business days of a case being in a ‘Pending’ status, the ticketing system will automatically close the case in question if there have been no replies/updates to the case.