If you do not have a Live Support subscription we recommend visiting our various online self-help pages:
- Forums - Our forums are robust and very active. They’re a great resource. You can find the forums at http://forums.untangle.com/.
- Wiki - Our Wiki site is another great resource, full of information - including links to all of our products’ store pages, user forums, and FAQs. Our Wiki site is located at http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Main_Page. (Don't let the name fool you: the Wiki is not publicly editable and is maintained entirely by Edge Threat Management staff.)
- Support Page - Customers can also access the Edge Threat Management support portal at http://support.untangle.com, where they will be able to view our knowledgebase articles and solutions.
Support tickets can be generated a number of ways. Users can submit a ticket by doing any of the following:
- Using the “Support” link on the top right-hand side of the page at Untangle.com
- Use the "Help" widget in the bottom right corner of the page at Untangle.com
- Visiting http://support.untangle.com
- Emailing the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling (866) 233-2296 and pressing option “2” for Support
- Support widget in the top right corner of the NG Firewall Admin interface
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 5am-5pm Pacific Time
- We are also closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving & Black Friday
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
We're only able to respond to support requests during our normal hours of operation. Responses are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Our median first-response time for support tickets not generated via phone call is 2 business hours. Our average hold time is 60 seconds.
NOTE: We cannot control phone call volume so we cannot guarantee hold times. There may be times that you may be holding for longer than a minute.
Normal - How To questions and minor issues
High - An app or service is not functioning
Urgent - Appliance or software is completely non-functional
Arista Edge Threat Management Support covers:
- NG Firewall software for the current and previous minor version release. Minimum supported version is 16.4 as of August 2022.
- Micro Edge software for the current and previous minor version release. Minimum supported version is 3.0 as of June 2022.
- Your Edge Threat Management hardware, if it was purchased or leased from us.
We do not support or offer recommendations for 3rd-party hardware. Below is a link to an article in our wiki outlining the Hardware requirements to run NG Firewall. This can be used as a reference when sourcing your own hardware.
Regarding CLI Administration:
Arista ETM Support staff are only able to support the software in its original, unmodified form.
CLI changes may alter or compromise functions and may impact our ability to troubleshoot. If the software has been significantly modified, we may be unable to troubleshoot at all: in that case, we can only be able to recommend you reinstall.
NG Firewall is based on Debian Linux and as such, it's possible to install third-party packages or utilities to it. Please be aware that you do so at your own risk: we cannot offer any assistance in installing or troubleshooting third-party packages
Frequently Asked Questions
What do the case statuses mean?
New - The case has been created but an agent has not replied yet
Open - The case is currently being worked
Pending - We are waiting for a reply from the customer
On Hold - We are waiting for a time to troubleshoot or verify if an ongoing issue is resolved
Solved - Issue has been resolved
Why did my case close automatically?
After 5 business days of a case being in a ‘Pending’ status, the ticketing system will automatically close the case in question if there have been no replies/updates to the case.