Important note: SSL Inspector requires the root certificate of your NGFW to be installed on the workstations / browsers that would be subjected for HTTPS inspection.
For manually installing the root certificate via GPO-
For manually installing the root certificate on Mac OSX ( Yosemite ) -
For installing the root certificate on Windows using the installer-
- Navigate to Apps > SSL Inspector
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click the "Download root certificate installer" button and run through the installation wizard.
- By default, processing of HTTPS is enabled under Configuration tab. Enable SMTPS processing as well.
- Under the Rules tab, by default it inspects SMTPS ( port 25 ) and inspects Youtube, Google, Twitter, Yahoo, Bing, Wikipedia for HTTPS traffic. Check "Inspect all traffic" to process all other HTTPS sites.
- Click the power button under Status tab to turn on SSL Inspector.