Table of Contents
Click an item to jump directly to that question.
1. How do I download Untangle?
2. How do I create a bootable USB Drive on a Windows PC?
Once downloaded to your system, you'll need to create a bootable USB disk. The steps for accomplishing this and booting from the device are listed below, with a handy screenshot.
For Windows users:
- If you don't already have it, download Win32DiskImager.
- Insert your USB drive into your computer.
- Right click on your USB drive and format it using FAT32. This will erase all data on the drive!
- Launch Win32DiskImager and select the Untangle image file.
- Select the drive letter of your USB disk (be sure not to accidentally select your hard drive!).
- Click Write to write the image to the drive.
3. How do I create a bootable USB Drive on a Mac/Apple OS X?
- First, you'll need an application like uNetBootin to create your bootable USB device (as the built-in Apple utility isn't 100% reliable).
- Insert the USB device into the computer and open Disk Utility from your Utilities folder, like in the screenshot below.
Once DiskUtility is open, select your USB disk and erase it with the MS-DOS (FAT) format, like this:
Click "Erase" to format the USB drive. Once it's done it will unmount and remount, and then will be ready for the next step in the process.
Now you'll open your bootable-device-writing application (like uNetbootin) to write your image. Within uNetbootin, select "Disk Image" (NOT "Distribution") then navigate to your downloaded IMG file. When everything is set, your options to create the bootable device should look more or less like this: