How to Set Up "Enforce Safe Search"
In order to get "safe search" to function properly, you'll need the help of two applications:
- SSL Inspector
- Web Filter
Follow these directions and your users' search results will be filtered effectively:
- Enable SSL Inspector and make sure your clients have the root certificates installed in their browsers
- Ensure you are inspecting the search engine in question (for example, to use Google's SafeSearch option, be sure you're inspecting Google traffic)
- Enable Web Filter and open up the Advanced page
- Disable Process HTTPS traffic by SNI (Server Name Indication) information if present
- Disable Process HTTPS traffic by IP address when SNI information not present
- Enable Enforce safe search on popular search engines
Have more questions? Submit a request
Please sign in to leave a comment.