Upgrading from version 9 and now you need to do a fresh install of the Untangle NGFW software?
Here are the steps you should take:
- NOTE: While it is sometimes possible, in general you cannot restore backup files from one major version into another. Because of that, we always recommend that before you proceed to the next step to make sure you have your settings copied down or have taken screen captures of the different parts of your current installation.
- Download and install the software.
- Walk through the setup wizard.
- Register your new UID. UIDs are specific to the software installation, so yours will have changed.
- Transfer licensing.
- Configure the new install from the settings you procured in step 1.
Have more questions? Submit a request