This is a guide on how to connect to Untangle on Windows 10 using the IKEv2 protocol.
- Download the Untangle certificate – https://<Internal_IP_Untangle>/cert
Note: Your browser may try to save the file into its own certificate location, or open it immediately. Make sure to download the file, instead of opening it. On Firefox, right-click the link above and select “Save Link As…”. In Internet Explorer, select “Save” instead of “Open”. Chrome will download the file correctly.
- Then, open the cert.cer file. (Double-click on it)
- Click “Install Certificate…”
- Select “Local Machine”, and click Next.
- Select “Place all certificates in the following store”, and click “Browse..”
- Select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”, and click OK, and click “Next”.
- Click “Finish”.
- Click “OK” on both windows.
Set up a VPN connection:
- Open the Windows Start Menu, and start typing “control panel“. Click on the Control Panel in the results.
- Open Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace and push Next.
- If you are asked “Do you want to use a connection that you already have?”, select “No, create a new connection” and then push Next.
- Click Use my Internet connection (VPN).
- Internet address = This is the Server Listen Address configured on your Untangle. You can find the Server Listen Address under Apps --> IPsec VPN --> VPN Config tab.
- Destination name = Can be anything
- Open Network and sharing center again and click Change adapter settings.
- Right click the adapter with the name you created, then click properties and show the Security tab.
- Enter the following:
- Type of VPN: IKEv2
- Data encryption: Require encryption (disconnect if server declines)
- Authentication: Use Extensible Authentication Protocol(EAP) and EAP-MSCHAPv2
- Click OK.
Connecting the VPN:
- Move the cursor to the right corner of your screen and click the Network icon and click on connection name that you created, then Connect.
- In the Sign in dialog, enter your Untangle credentials.