Our in-depth Performance Guide goes into great detail about the factors that affect your Untangle's performance, but this guide gives you some quick suggestions that can help.
- Uninstall Intrusion Prevention (especially if you have no blocking rules enabled).
- Uninstall Virus Blocker Lite (especially if you are using the full version of Virus Blocker).
- Uninstall Spam Blocker & Phish Blocker if you do not have an on-premise email server.
- Uninstall the Firewall application if you have not configured any rules.
- Uninstall Web Cache unless your connection is pay-per-megabyte or slower than 5 Mbps.
- Uninstall any applications which are installed but not running.
- Disable extraneous logging in Config > Network > Advanced (the last four options).
- Disable remote syslog in Config > Events > Syslog (if you have it running), or configure rules to only send required data instead of the default which sends everything.
- Bypass devices which don't need to be filtered or processed (such as VOIP phones or networked printers).
Have more questions? Submit a request