Port forwarding redirects incoming connections from the Internet to an internal host behind the firewall. For example, you may have an HTTP server on your network and you want to make it accessible to the Internet.
Note: Port Forwarding exposes services on your network to the public Internet and should be used only when necessary.
Adding / Editing Port Forward Rules
- Go to Settings > Firewall > Port Forward to configure Port Forwarding.
- Click Create New Rule or edit an existing rule by clicking the edit icon next to the item.
- Give the rule a description.
- Set conditions for your rule. See Rules Overview for conditions syntax and rule execution.
- Set an action of New Destination and enter the IP address you want to use based on the condition.
- If you want to modify the incoming port, enter a new port value.
- Click Create Rule.
- Click Save to confirm the new rule.