Untangle SD-WAN router implements OpenVPN to route traffic to remote networks. This enables devices behind Untangle SD-WAN router to access remote resources using the VPN tunnel or to access the Internet using the VPN tunnel.
To create a new VPN tunnel:
- Navigate to Settings > Network > Interfaces.
- Click Add.
- Set an Interface Name to help you identify this VPN tunnel interface.
- In Bound to, select any WAN to let Untangle SD-WAN router choose the best path or specify a persistent WAN interface.
- If you plan to use the VPN interface for Internet routing, enable Is WAN. Otherwise the VPN interface is not used in WAN Policies and Traffic shaping rules.
- Click Browse… to upload the OpenVPN configuration file that you obtain from your OpenVPN server. Note that the configuration file must include the server certificate.
- If you need to edit the configuration, click the Inline Edit checkbox.
- If your OpenVPN server requires authentication, enter the credentials in the Username and Password fields.
- Click Create to add the VPN tunnel interface.
To remove a VPN interface, click the Delete button in the Actions column of the associated VPN interface.Follow