How to restore a backup file to your NG Firewall
Sometimes it's necessary to restore your configuration from a backup, which we've tried to make as simple as possible. Here's the process you'll follow:
- Move your backup file to a computer; don't place it on a USB drive. (You won't be able to restore from a USB drive plugged into the NG Firewall appliance.)
It will be in .backup format if you downloaded the file directly from Config > System > Backup or .tar.gz format if you downloaded it from ETM Dashboard. If it's a .tar.gz file, don't unzip it.
- Log into the NG Firewall GUI from the computer where you've placed the backup file.
- Go to Config > System > Restore:
- The drop-down menu has two options:
- Restore all settings will restore every setting from the backup file.
- Restore all except keep current network settings will restore all settings other than the ones in Config > Network. This is useful if you're just restoring application settings.
- Click Restore from File. This will open a 'select file' prompt where you can select your backup file:
- You'll see a small prompt noting the backup file is being uploaded & processed. When it's done, you'll get a 'backup completed' pop-up; click Okay and you're all done!
Have more questions? Submit a request
Please sign in to leave a comment.