The e6wl appliance includes one LTE interface with support for T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon LTE cellular service. To use an LTE connection with the e6wl you must obtain and activate a valid SIM card from an authorized T-Mobile, AT&T, or Verizon representative.
For Verizon service, a SIM card may be requested through an Sales representative at the time of purchase.
Important: The type of SIM card must be specifically for a connected IoT device.
Installing the SIM card
The e6wl supports the Standard SIM size (15 x 25mm) otherwise specified as 2FF.
To install the SIM card:
- Power off the device by holding the power button for several seconds.
- Remove the SIM card cover using a small Phillips screwdriver.
- Insert the card as noted by the following illustration.
- Push the card gently until you feel a click and the card remains firmly in place.
- Reattach the SIM card cover.
- Power on the device by holding the power button for several seconds.
Configuring the LTE connection
You can configure the LTE connection during the initial setup wizard or at any time from the Interfaces screen. To configure the LTE interface:
- Go to Settings > Network > Interfaces and select the LTE interface.
- If your SIM card is properly installed, the LTE properties shows the SIM details including the IMEI, IMSI, and ICCID.
- Select your Network and click Save.
Configuring LTE as a failover connection
After you set up the LTE connection you can configure how to send traffic over the link. By default, Micro Edge sends each new outgoing connection through the WAN interface with the lowest latency. You may prefer to use the LTE connection specifically as a failover. To configure the LTE link for failover:
- Go to Settings > Routing > WAN Policies.
- Edit the Lowest Latency WAN policy.
- In the WANs setting, select Pick specific WANs.
- Choose all WAN interfaces except the LTE interface.
- Click Save.
For more details see Configuring WAN Rules in Micro Edge.Follow