The Untangle e6wl appliance includes one LTE interface with support for T-Mobile LTE cellular service. To use this interface you must obtain a valid SIM card from an authorized T-Mobile dealer.
Important: The type of SIM card must be specifically for a connected device.
Installing the SIM card
The Untangle e6wl supports the Standard SIM size (15 x 25mm).
To install the SIM card:
- Power off the device by holding the power button for several seconds.
- Remove the SIM card cover using a small Phillips screwdriver.
- Insert the card as noted by the following illustration.
- Push the card gently until you feel a click and the card remains firmly in place.
- Reattach the SIM card cover.
- Power on the device by holding the power button for several seconds.
Configuring the LTE connection
You can configure the LTE connection during the initial setup wizard or at any time from the Interfaces screen. To configure the LTE interface:
- Go to Settings → Network → Interfaces and select the LTE interface.
- If your SIM card is properly installed, the LTE properties shows the SIM details including the IMEI, IMSI, and ICCID.
- Select your Network and click Save.
Note that as of version 1.1 Untangle SD-WAN Router supports only T-Mobile LTE service.
Configuring LTE as a failover connection
After you set up the LTE connection you can configure how to send traffic over the link. By default, Untangle SD-WAN Router sends each new outgoing connection through the WAN interface with the lowest latency. You may prefer to use the LTE connection specifically as a failover. To configure the LTE link for failover:
- Go to Settings → Routing → WAN Policies.
- Edit the Lowest Latency WAN policy.
- In the WANs setting, select Pick specific WANs.
- Choose all WAN interfaces except the LTE interface.
- Click Update.
- Click Save.
For more details see Configuring WAN Rules in Untangle SD-WAN Router.Follow