In some cases you may need to reinstall Untangle NG Firewall on a zSeries appliance. This article covers the necessary steps.
- Windows 64 bit
- USB disk (4 GB or larger)
- HDMI cable (VGA for z4/z4w)
- Internet connection via ethernet
1. Creating the USB installer (15 minutes)
- Insert a 4 GB or larger USB disk into a Windows computer
- Format the disk using FAT32. Quick format is ok.
- In a web browser, navigate to https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/USB_image_installer and download the current version.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Copy the entire contents of the folder to the USB disk.
- On the USB drive, navigate to utils > win64 and run makeboot64 as administrator.
- Press the spacebar to run the script
- Press the spacebar again to confirm
- Press spacebar again to close the window
- Eject the disk.
2. Booting from the Installer (1 minute)
- Connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the system.
- Insert the USB disk.
- Power on the system and press the Delete key to enter the BIOS.
- In Save and Exit, select your USB disk beneath Boot Override and press enter. Do NOT choose the UEFI version!
3. Installing the OS (about 5 minutes)
- After selecting your USB disk, confirm the system boots to the Clonezilla screen using the USB disk.
- Allow the system to install
- When the installation is complete, you will receive a screen like the one below.
- Remove the USB disk.
- Power off the system.
4. Provisioning the system (2 minutes)
- Connect ethernet with Internet connectivity to port 1 (the Internet port).
- Power on the system.
- Wait for the system to boot (about 1 minute).
- Confirm that the system loads to the desktop environment showing the Untangle logo.
- Allow the system to automatically download and execute the setup scripts. (about 30 seconds)
|Important: Once the setup completes successfully, you will see a message saying “Imaging Passed!” with a blue screen showing the Serial number and UID (screenshot below). If you see a red screen with an error, please report the output to Untangle.|
Have more questions? Submit a request