The sections below show details of the changes made in major and minor releases of Untangle SD-WAN Router.
Note: SD-WAN Router will automatically upgrade to new versions if Automatic Upgrades are turned on, which is the recommended setting. Otherwise, upgrades can be performed from Command Center or through the local web administration.
Untangle SD-WAN Router 2.0 (beta)
Untangle SD-WAN Router 2.0 adds the ability to create logical network segments based on 802.1Q VLANs. VLANs enable network admins to create multiple networks while utilizing a single network interface. With the support of 802.1Q tagging a logical network can extend to a managed switch for greater connectivity and management of devices.
Key VLAN capabilities:
802.1Q Tagging on WAN and LAN interfaces
Traffic Shaping of VLANs
WAN Routing based on VLAN
Filtering based on VLAN
DHCP services per VLAN
- Added MSS Clamping to resolve specific websites not loading over PPPoE connections
- Minor kernel update to improve stability
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.3
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.3 is a minor release that adds support for Verizon LTE (requires e6wl), UI improvements, and bug fixes.
- Selection of Verizon as LTE Network
- Automatic completion of Application names in rules
- Added support for PPPoE type connections
- Removed ability to delete physical interfaces
- Resolved routing of inbound connections (VPN and Port Forwarding)
- Resolved port range definitions in source and destination rule conditions
- Resolved IPv6 routing over VPN tunnels
- Resolved SQL report error when setting a dashboard condition
- Resolved inaccurate WAN link status detection when IPv6 was disabled
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.2
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.2 is a minor release that includes improvements to the User Interface and bug fixes.
- Factory reset capability from the administration User Interface
- Set defaults for WAN Rules depending on the type of rule
- Prompt before saving WiFi settings to warn of network disconnect
- "Suggest an Idea" button added for users to provide instant feedback
- Ability to remove VPN interfaces, as well as disable them
- Fill in the rule ID in WAN routing reports
- Traffic initiated on the SD-WAN Router does not obey WAN rules
- Changing an OpenVPN setting does not take effect until rebooting
- Country fields in the Sessions view is rendered incorrectly
- OpenVPN sees VPN tunnels as up in cases that the remote side is down
- UI does not show the IP address of VPN interfaces
- GeoIP lookup updates
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.1
Untangle SD-WAN Router 1.1 is the first major software release.
Untangle SD-WAN Router makes first packet routing decisions, based on specific application or categories of network traffic.
Traffic shaping and Quality of Service prioritizes business critical traffic across WAN Links.
Real-time Link Performance Monitoring
Jitter, packet loss, latency and throughput of each link are continually measured to ensure applications can be routed over the best performing links for their needs.
Dynamic Path Selection
Routing decisions are made in real-time based on actual current link performance of packet-loss, latency and jitter conditions, as well as available bandwidth.
Multiple Internet Pathways
Multiple WANs as well as LTE connectivity can be used as primary or failover links. Application based routing can optimize performance over LTE and hard-wired links.
Configurable Performance Thresholds
Routing can be configured at the application level with failover conditions specified using limits for desired maximum packet loss, or latency thresholds.
Automated Link Failover
Network traffic will be routed to the next best performing link when a link fails, or fails to meet performance requirements.
Network administrators can remotely set up and configure Untangle SD-WAN Router without having to be on site. Automatic upgrades ensure all appliances are kept up to date with the latest security updates and enhancements.
One or many SD-WAN Router appliances can be managed from Untangle's cloud based Command Center, accessible from any browser. Full visibility of all deployments enables administrators to view appliance network status, important events, reporting data and push global configuration.